For Qantas and One World frequent flyers looking to up their points game, the most notable deal for new American Express customers is, without doubt, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card which is currently offering a tasty 100,000 point sign up bonus, on top of $450 travel credit for use on Qantas, and two complimentary passes to the American Express Lounge per year! This is one of the best sign up bonuses we’ve seen in a long time and well worth taking the time to decide whether it’s right for you.
So where could you go with the Qantas 100,000 signup bonus?
- East Coast Australia to Perth in Business Class Return on the new Qantas A330 for 72,000 points.
- East Coast Australia to Hong Kong in Premium Economy Return with Qantas for 90,000 points.
- East Coast to New Zealand in Business Class Return with Emirates 72,000 points or One Way in First for 54,000 points.
- Upgrade from Premium Economy to Business One way between Sydney and London for 60,000 points.
- Sydney to Fiji in Business Class Return on Fiji Airways for 72,000 points.
- Sydney to Los Angeles Economy Return with Qantas for 90,000 points.
And you’re well on your way to achieving these incredible experiences.
- Australia to Europe in Business Class One Way with Qatar Airways 139,000 points.
- Australia to Dubai in First Class One Way with Emirates for 144,000 points.
Here’s a quick rundown of the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card:
- Receive 100,000 Qantas Points → when approved before April 14, 2019 and spend $3000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholder
- Earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Card purchases, except spend at government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Until 14 April 2019 earn an additional 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases, except for spend at government bodies in Australia.
- Earn 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year.
- Two passes to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport.
- Enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance.
- Annual card fee of $450 p.a.
- $65,000 minimum annual income.
Rounding out the attraction for Qantas FF’s you’ll earn an additional 1 point per dollar spent on selected Qantas products and services with no cap on the earn rate – up to 2.25 points per $1 spent, no matter how much you spend in each month.
If you’ve been waiting for a Qantas specific credit card to bolster your cache of points, this Qantas American Express Ultimate Card offers an excellent sign-up bonus and avoids the recent devaluation of earn rates from bank-issued cards across the country.
For Virgin Frequent Flyers the American Express Velocity Platinum Card is also offering a solid 50,000 velocity point sign on bonus!
Enjoy flying Business and First Class? You might enjoy some of TVG’s flight reviews:
Singapore NEW A380 Business Class Review
Emirates NEW 777 Business Class Review
Singapore A380 First Class Suites Review
Etihad A380 Business Class Review
Emirates A380 Business Class Review
Cathay Pacific 77W Business Class Review
Air New Zealand 777 Business Class Review